Disappearing Nine Patch


Well I found this great tutorial a couple of weeks ago and I have lots of charm packs.


I pulled together about 6 of charm packs and separated them into lights and darks, removed the heavily blue fabric. I wanted to make a red, green and yellow quilt in honor of all the cool appliqué I saw at Moda University last week.

I picked 2 focus fabrics which I used in the center block of all 20 block (10 of each green). I love scrappy but I like to draw the eye with something that is consistent. When I put the blocks together I did a pattern (D= Dark, L= Light, F = Focus)

D L D
L F L
D L D


Then I sewed together super simple 9 patches

After you sew them up you cut them apart (my picture of this did not come out) and then you switch them around.

I trimmed the new blocks down to 6.5 x 6.5. Then I sewed it all together again. This is the tutorial I used.

This was a great quick quilt and I love to trim stuff down cause my blocks are rarely the same size.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am going to start one today - love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails