Past Moda Challenge

A few years ago Moda had a challenge; they created 6 -8 fairly awful fabrics that had to be used in one project. I was completely hooked and spend months purchasing FQs of all of the great Moda fabric of the day. I eventually made 3 quilts for the challenge and I love them all. This quilt is one of my all time favorites. I used a large snail trail pattern but I created it using hundreds of small patches in light and dark fabrics.


Earlier this year I asked my mom, who seems to have my very best quilts, if I could have it back. I wanted to create more quilts using the same idea and charms (charms did not exist when I made this quilt). Well, at Christmas we can up and I walked into Mom's great room and realized that the quilt would never come home with me. My step dad had made an amazing quilt rack to hang the quilt and I was proud to see it up and to see that it hung square and straight.

Oh well, when I was up this weekend I snapped a shot of it so I could share it with the Moda folks next month when I head over to Dallas for the Moda U retreat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails